First live class: Sunday, June 6
It’s my pleasure to offer you two weekly live classes in June. Get the best of both worlds: Progressive strength training + active rest, somatics, and self massage for workout recovery.
Following principles from physical therapy and exercise science, classes help you build capacity for doing more in life with confidence and ease. With repeated participation, you’ll have an opportunity to progress the strength demands of your program gradually. If you’re new to class, no problem! You’re welcome to jump in anytime. I offer plenty of options to fit every body and you’ll use whatever props you have around the house.
The strength component teaches you:
- The base positions for essential strength building movement patterns
- Dynamic warm-ups to achieve the mobility necessary to be fluid in the positions, and make them feel good on your joints
- Lots of options to meet you where you are today
- A variety of ways to progress the strength challenge so you can increase your capacity over time
The somatic component teaches you:
- Practical tools for freeing up soft tissues that restrict joint movement
- Simple joint self-mobilizations to improve range of motion, brain-body mapping, and efficiency of movement
- An understanding of how your joints move independently and in coordination with other neighboring joints
- Neuromuscular re-education exercises with low resistance to improve coordination, control, and body awareness
Our live classes take place over Zoom at the following times. I’ll be there 10 minutes before and after class so we can hang out, Q&A, and meet each other’s pets.
STRENGTH: Sundays 9:30-10:30AM EST: June 6, 13, 20, 27.
SOMATICS: Tuesdays 5-6PM EST: June 8, 15, 22, 29.
7 day replays available for all live classes.
For the most part, we use props commonly found around the house, like a hand towel, a water bottle, etc. A couple of resistance bands and some books in a tote bag (if you don’t have weights) would be helpful. For self-massage, have 2 balls plus a sock to keep them together. These props are recommendations, not requirements. I give lots of options so we can make it work!
Your enrollment in this month-long series is a one time payment (not a monthly subscription).
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing you there,
PS - We believe in honoring the value of teaching and offering a practice that is accessible. Our tiered pricing system is self-determined. In deciding which price feels most appropriate to you, consider your social location (proximity to power and privilege), so that we can collectively move towards equity. If you are relatively stable financially, please pay this standard price. If you need to pay less for any reason, we encourage you to pay the community price.